Description: There are 6 sets of flashcards in this package.
- Opening Statememts at a Civil Trial I
- Power of Attorney
- Preliminary Jury Instructions
- Tenancy Hearing I
- Tenancy Hearing II
- Testimony by an Orthodedic Surgeon
Total Non Instructor-Led Hours: 6
Location: Students can complete the course online, anywhere they wish.
Dates and Times: This educational material is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The time to complete the course work is 1 month. After which, the course is no longer available.
Objective: This 6-hour educational package aims to help court interpreters learn and memorize civil court vocabulary through audio-visual stimulation.
Court interpreters must have a vast vocabulary to offer proper services in criminal court. These flashcards allow interpreters to master terminology related to criminal cases. By reading, hearing, and interpreting sentences (that contain relevant vocabulary), students will memorize the terms in both languages. Most importantly, students learn several target language equivalents for each term.
Description of Flashcards:
Each flashcard set:
- Includes text and sound.
- Contains 20 to 40 vocabulary units.
- Presents each term within a sentence.
- Offers the term and the phrase in both languages.
- Is interactive.
- Is based on real court transcripts.
- Offers brief explanation of the type of court proceeding that the practice is based on.
- Contains a quiz to test the student’s knowledge.
- Takes approximately 1 hour to complete (including the quiz).